When Renting a DLP or LCD Multimedia Projector, you need to match the brightness of the projector to your audience and room size. Large rooms and audiences require high bulb strength brightness. (Projector bulb strength brightness is measured in ANSI lumens or lumens).
Projectors range from around 1000 to 5000 lumens in brightness. The higher the lumen the brighter the projector.
- Less than 1000 lumens -good for low ambient light, presentations.
- 1000 -2000 lumens -These are the most popular units being sold and rented today. Very practical and will work with some ambient light.
- 3000 lumens -Much Larger unit than the1000 to 2000 lumen units. Good for audiences of less than a hundred with ambient light.
- 5000 lumens - For audiences of 100 or more under brighter lights
- 6000+ lumens - For large events like conventions, conferences and tradeshows where thousands of people need to view a presentation at the same time.